Christian vocation is centered around the Gospel: reaching people with Christ-centered preaching, teaching, evangelizing and serving.
We can all share the Good News. We can all help build the Kingdom by encouraging others to serve Christ in their vocations, especially through Word and Sacrament ministry.
Read the Winter 2020 issue of TimeLine newsletter from LCMS Black Ministry to learn about ways the Gospel has been shared through:
- St. Paul Christian Academy, Dallas;
- A request for a weekly children’s message;
- The life and ministry of Gwen Marshall and her family’s legacy;
- A Lutheran school education on the South Side of Chicago;
- St. Philip, the first African American Lutheran church in Chicago; and
- A tutoring program at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Indianapolis.
In addition, information is provided about the 2020 LCMS Black Ministry Family Convocation in Mobile, Ala.
We want to hear from you! If you have ideas for future issues, comments or feedback on articles you’ve read in TimeLine, please contact the Rev. Dr. Roosevelt Gray Jr. at email@example.com.
Learn more about LCMS Black Ministry.
For a free subscription, register for a myLCMS account and choose “TimeLine Newsletter.” If you already have an account, update your newsletter subscriptions in your profile.
You may also call the LCMS Church Information Center at 888-843-5267 (888-THE-LCMS) for assistance with registering.