Preaching is challenging business. Everyone can use some encouragement and fresh ideas.
Preach the Word (PTW) will help pastors work together to improve their preaching through video modules with accompanying resources and by interacting with seminary professors and fellow preachers.
Pastors can gather with brother pastors to watch and discuss the modules. The power of the Lutheran Reformation was the Word of God. Pastors may commemorate the Reformation by honing their vocation of proclaiming the Gospel.
Here’s how it works:
- Gather together using the module discussion guide to move through video-based lectures.
- Apply what you learned through the module and record your own sermon for peer review.
A module delivery guide for leaders is available to help facilitate the nuts and bolts of meeting and using the resources.
Use the Vimeo App to stream on demand all the video segments from ‘Preach the Word’.
- How Variety Augments Learning
- Becoming a Confident Preacher
- Preach the Word: Helpful Video Content
- The ‘How to’ and ‘Why to’ of Preaching
- Dig into the Text!
- Encourage One Another
- Different Ideas About Preaching
- Video Modules that Work!
- Wrestle with the Text
- Getting to Know Other Pastors
- Easy-to-Use Resources
- Finding the Passion for Preaching
- Preaching Can be Challenging – But There’s Help
- Learning to Preach Like Paul
Contact Rev. Jonathan Manor, Director of PALS and Continuing Education.