In this issue from LCMS’ Rural & Small Town Mission (RSTM), congregational members are encouraged to extend a hand in genuine friendship and engage with those members who attend their church infrequently. In addition, general information about the ongoing Engaging Your Community (EYC) events and free monthly webinars is communicated.
- View the current issue of Reaching Rural America for Christ newsletterDownload Newsletter
Visit www.lcms.org/rstm to learn more about the ministry of and the resources provided from LCMS’ Rural & Small Town Mission (RSTM). Also, mark your calendars and be praying for the following upcoming events offered through RSTM:
- “Small Places, Big Mission — Standing in the Gap” RSTM National Conference — Thursday, Nov. 6 through Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014, in Kansas City, Mo. at the Marriott Kansas City Airport. Keynote speakers include the Rev. Dr. Dale Meyer, president, Concordia Seminary; the Rev. Dr. Lawrence Rast, president, Concordia Theological Seminary; and the Rev. Todd Kollbaum, director, RSTM. Information about this conference can be found at www.lcms.org/rstm/conference.
- Engaging Your Community (EYC) event — Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ortonville, Minn., from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. CST. To register, go to www.lcms.org/rstm/engaging-rural-communities or contact the RSTM office.
- Christmas Outreach free webinar presented by Richard Cohrs, Lutheran Hour Ministries — Thursday, Nov. 20, 2014, 1-2 p.m. CST. Visit www.lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- “Ideas for Church Planting in Rural and Small-Town Settings” free webinar presented by the Rev. David Johnson, mission developer, Grace Lutheran Church, Becker, Minn. – Thursday, Dec. 11, 2014, 1-2 p.m. CST. Visit www.lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- RSTM’s first National Mission Festival — Saturday, Jan. 17 to Sunday, Jan. 18, 2015, at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Concordia, Mo. Visit www.lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating and to RSVP by Dec. 20, 2014 to reserve your spot.