This issue of Reaching Rural America for Christ encourages all congregations and their members to join the great army of individuals who are laboring for the harvest of new believers. Step out in great boldness, no matter where the Lord has placed you, because Jesus tells us that “the fields are white for harvest” (John 4:35 ESV).
The newsletter also offers information about events and free monthly webinars.
Read November 2017 RSTM newsletter
Visit lcms.org/rstm to learn more about this ministry and the resources it provides. Also, mark your calendars and pray for the following upcoming events offered through RSTM:
- 2017 National Rural & Small Town Mission Conference in Kansas City, Mo., at the Hilton Kansas City Airport – Thursday, Nov. 9, through Saturday, Nov. 11. Keynote speakers include the Rev. Todd Kollbaum, director, LCMS Rural & Small Town Mission; the Rev. Heath Trampe, senior pastor, Faith Lutheran Church, York, Neb.; Benjamin Winchester, senior research fellow, University of Minnesota Extension; and the Rev. Benjamin Meyer, pastor, Hope Lutheran Church, Sunbury, Ohio. More information and online registration can be found at lcms.org/rstm/conference.
- “Recognized Service Organizations” free webinar presented by Deaconess Dorothy Krans, director, LCMS Recognized Service Organizations — Thursday, Nov. 16, from 1 to 2 p.m. Central time. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- Engaging Your Community (EYC) event in Fort Smith, Ark. — Saturday, Dec. 2, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central time at Bethel Lutheran Church. The LCMS Mid-South District will help with the presentations. View schedule and register online.
- “The Deaconess in the Rural and Small-Town Church” free webinar presented by Deaconess Dorothy Krans, director, LCMS Recognized Service Organizations — Thursday, Dec. 7, from 1 to 2 p.m. Central time. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- Engaging the Wandering (ETW) event in Akron, Ohio — Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central time at Hope Lutheran Church. The LCMS Ohio District will help with the presentations. View schedule and register online.