The October 2016 issue of Reaching Rural America for Christ shares the story of the collaboration between Faith Lutheran Church in Knob Noster, Mo., and the Warrensburg Lutheran Campus Ministry at the University of Central Missouri. This partnership is called the Faith and Campus Mission Ministry.
Through these communities supporting one another in serving Jesus Christ, His presence is undeniable and His Kingdom is advanced.
The newsletter also offers information about an Engaging Your Community event and free monthly webinars.
Visit lcms.org/rstm to learn more about this ministry and the resources it provides. Also, mark your calendars and pray for the following upcoming events offered through RSTM:
- “What Is Revitalization and What Does It Mean for My Church?” free webinar presented by the Rev. Mark Wood, director, LCMS Witness & Outreach Ministry — Thursday, Oct. 13, from 1 to 2 p.m. Central time. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- Engaging Your Community (EYC) event in Bonduel, Wis. – Saturday, Oct. 15, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central time at St. Paul Lutheran Church. The LCMS North Wisconsin District will help with the presentations. View schedule and register online.
- “Using Technology for Ministry” free webinar presented by Andy Bates, director of programming, Worldwide KFUO – Thursday, Nov. 17, from 1 to 2 p.m. Central time. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- “Enhancing Your Congregation’s Educational Efforts” free webinar presented by Dr. Mark Blanke, professor of education, Concordia University, Nebraska, Seward, Neb. – Thursday, Dec. 8, from 1 to 2 p.m. Central time. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- 2016 National Rural & Small Town Mission Conference in Wichita, Kan., at the Wichita Hyatt Regency — Thursday, Nov. 3, through Saturday, Nov. 5. Keynote speakers include the Rev. John Mehl, director of Mission Partnerships and Church Relations, Concordia University, Nebraska, Seward, Neb.; Dr. Mike Rodewald, executive director, Lutheran Bible Translators; Benjamin Winchester, senior research fellow, University of Minnesota Extension; and Mrs. Adriane Heins, managing editor, The Lutheran Witness. More information can be found at lcms.org/rstm/conference.