In this issue from LCMS Rural & Small Town Mission (RSTM), ways to help congregations use their publications (printed and online) to engage individuals who may not be “in the know” are provided and discussed. The whole purpose of tweaking what is being used or creating new methods is to make people feel welcomed and included in congregations.
In addition, general information about the ongoing Engaging Your Community (EYC) events and monthly free webinars is communicated.
- View the current issue of Reaching Rural America for Christ newsletter
Visit lcms.org/rstm to learn more about this ministry and the resources it provides. Also, mark your calendars and be praying for the following upcoming events offered through RSTM:
- “Welcoming Publications” free webinar presented by Amy Gerdts, project coordinator, RSTM — Thursday, May 14, 2015, from 1 to 2 p.m. CDT. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- Engaging Your Community (EYC) event at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Belvidere, Ill. — Saturday, May 30, 2015, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. CDT. The LCMS Northern Illinois District will help with the presentations. Register online or contact the RSTM office.
- “Welcoming Buildings” free webinar presented by Bruce Manzey, LCMS Witness & Outreach Ministry field representative for the LCMS Minnesota South District — Thursday, June 18, 2015, from 1 to 2 p.m. CDT. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- 2015 National Rural & Small Town Mission Conference in Kansas City, Mo., at the Kansas City Airport Marriott — Thursday, Nov. 5, through Saturday, Nov. 7. Keynote speakers include the Rev. Ken Klaus, speaker emeritus, “The Lutheran Hour”; Chaplain Craig Muehler, director, LCMS Ministry to the Armed Forces; the Rev. Dr. Lucas Woodford, senior pastor, Zion Lutheran Church and School, Mayer, Minn.; and the Rev. Todd Kollbaum, director, RSTM. Watch for updates and more information regarding registration at lcms.org/rstm/conference.