In this issue from LCMS Rural & Small Town Mission (RSTM), ways that congregations can properly welcome their new pastor and his family are discussed and provided. Being patient, offering forgiveness and being there for them are just some of the steps church members can take to help make their transition less difficult.
In addition, general information about the ongoing Engaging Your Community (EYC) events and monthly free webinars is communicated.
- View the current issue of Reaching Rural America for Christ newsletter
Visit lcms.org/rstm to learn more about this ministry and the resources it provides. Also, mark your calendars and be praying for the following upcoming events offered through RSTM:
- Preparing Your Grad for the Next Step free webinar presented by the Rev. Marcus Zill, director, LCMS Campus Ministry — Thursday, April 23, 2015, from 1 to 2 p.m. CDT. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- Welcoming Publications free webinar presented by Amy Gerdts, project coordinator, RSTM — Thursday, May 14, 2015, from 1 to 2 p.m. CDT. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- Engaging Your Community (EYC) event at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Belvidere, Ill. — Saturday, May 30, 2015, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. CDT. The LCMS Northern Illinois District will help with the presentations. Register online or contact the RSTM office.
- 2015 National Rural & Small Town Mission Conference in Kansas City, Mo., at the Kansas City Airport Marriott — Thursday, Nov. 5, through Saturday, Nov. 7. Keynote speakers include the Rev. Ken Klaus, speaker emeritus, “The Lutheran Hour”; Chaplain Craig Muehler, director, LCMS Ministry to the Armed Forces; the Rev. Dr. Lucas Woodford, senior pastor, Zion Lutheran Church and School, Mayer, Minn.; and the Rev. Todd Kollbaum, director, RSTM. Watch for updates and more information regarding registration at lcms.org/rstm/conference.