Update from LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison
In this Life Together Digest, the Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), sends greetings from the Old Latin School in Wittenberg, Germany.
In mid-October, Harrison and LCMS Church Relations Director Rev. Dr. Jonathan Shaw met with leaders from some 40 Lutheran churches around the world for a time of theological education and dialogue.
“[Martin Luther’s] journey brought him to Wittenberg, and now the journey of these confessional Lutheran presiding pastors is bringing them to Wittenberg so that we can be strengthened in our unity in God’s Word and in how we work together,” Shaw said.
The October 2023 edition includes:
- Photos from the hoisting and dedication of the new crucifix in the LCMS International Center chapel;
- A video where LCMS chaplains and service members share how military chaplains shepherd the souls in their care;
- An update on the Million Dollar Life Match;
- An article by the Rev. Dr. Korey Maas that reflects on one of the basics of Lutheran theology, the difficulties of distinguishing Law & Gospel;
- The story of two American families and their travel to Kenya to meet the students they sponsor through the Synod’s Christ’s Care for Children: Kenya program;
- KFUO Radio episodes on “Set Apart to Serve: Black Ministry and the Black Clergy Caucus” and “Free-Text First Friday: Baptism and the Red Sea”; and
- Notable resources, upcoming events, KFUO podcasts and more.
Life Together News Digest
Life Together, a monthly email news digest from LCMS President Matthew C. Harrison, features highlights from Synod publications and multimedia outlets. There is something for pastors, church workers and laity.