Update from LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison
In this Life Together Digest, the Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), discusses the joy of the resurrection as the Easter season draws to a close.
Reflecting on the hymn “Christ Jesus Lay in Death’s Strong Bands” (LSB 458), Harrison discusses the atonement which Christ’s death and resurrection have accomplished for us. “Luther says the resurrection is so significant it means that for us death will be just like a falling asleep to take a brief nap. … Nothing can snuff out our 50 days of Easter joy, which will give way to eternity,” says Harrison.
The May 2023 edition also includes:
- Photos from the March on the Arch in St. Louis;
- A “Life Together as Synod” video about the founding of the LCMS in 1847;
- A recap from the Illinois March for Life in Springfield, Ill.;
- A story about the blessing of multi-congregation parishes;
- A feature about how the Concordia Historical Institute partners with Concordia Theological Seminary, Nagercoil, India;
- A downloadable Bible study based on the LCMS convention theme of “We Preach Christ Crucified;”
- New worship resources for the Athanasian Creed and the Te Deum; and
- Notable resources, upcoming events, KFUO podcasts and more.
Life Together News Digest
Life Together, a monthly email news digest from LCMS President Matthew C. Harrison, features highlights from Synod publications and multimedia outlets. There is something for pastors, church workers and laity.