A message from LCMS President Harrison
In this Life Together Digest, the Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), highlights National Lutheran Schools Week (NLSW), set for Jan. 21–27, 2024.
NLSW provides the Synod’s 1,800-plus preschools, elementary schools and high schools with the opportunity to proclaim and celebrate God’s work in Christ in Lutheran schools. “As the world becomes crazier and crazier … what you all provide is a sane, biblical view of human reality,” Harrison says. “All are invited for forgiveness and grafted, connected, to the Vine.”
The January 2024 edition includes:
- A collection of photographs of LCMS and partner church altars from around the world;
- A video highlighting LCMS missionary Rev. Dr. Michael Paul’s work in Taiwan;
- An article about the partnership between LCMS National Mission and the Synod’s districts;
- A feature on the Divine Service and its elements;
- A story on church planting in the Salt Lake Valley;
- KFUO Radio programs on sharing Jesus’ love in Hong Kong and on the Apology of the Augsburg Confession; and
- Additional resources, upcoming events, official notices and more.
Life Together News Digest
Life Together, a monthly email news digest from LCMS President Matthew C. Harrison, features highlights from Synod publications and multimedia outlets. There is something for pastors, church workers and laity.