The song “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands” is profound, especially now as communities and cities face racial unrest and struggle for unity, and as the church deals with uncertainty and fear amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Trust is placed in God’s hands because the works of His hands are faithful and just (Ps. 111:7).
Despite the challenges that come from social distancing and lockdowns, pastors and church workers are finding creative and loving ways to share this message of hope with their people and the church.
Read the Summer 2020 issue of TimeLine newsletter to learn how the Gospel continues to be proclaimed in and out of church buildings through:
- Grace Lutheran Church in Concord, N.C.;
- The Rev. Cleveland A. Lewis and First Timothy Lutheran Church in Indianapolis;
- The life and ministry of the Rev. Gregory T. Manning, pastor at Broadmoor Community Church and Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in New Orleans;
- St. John Lutheran Church in Gary, Ind., and the ministry of its pastor, the Rev. Delwyn Xavier Campbell Sr.;
- The life and ministry of Deaconess Janine Bolling who serves at St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Brooklyn, N.Y.;
- High Impact Ministries, a program that ministers to youth through the direction of the Rev. Amos Gray; and
- St. Paul Lutheran Church and Christian Academy in Dallas.
We also commemorate the life of faith of sainted Marvin Graeber through a look at his inspiring life.
In addition, information is provided about the 2021 LCMS Black Ministry Family Convocation in Mobile, Ala., and the Black Ministry Think Tank that will be introduced at this event.
We want to hear from you! If you have ideas for future issues, comments or feedback on articles you’ve read in TimeLine, please contact the Rev. Dr. Roosevelt Gray Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about LCMS Black Ministry.
For a free subscription, register for a myLCMS account and choose “TimeLine Newsletter.” If you already have an account, update your newsletter subscriptions in your profile.
You may also call the LCMS Church Information Center at 888-843-5267 (888-THE-LCMS) for assistance with registering.