The Free to be Faithful® newsletter highlights important and relevant details on religious liberty issues that impact the rights of Christians to live faithfully.
In the summer issue, read:
- Thoughts from LCMS Office of National Mission Executive Director Rev. Robert Zagore on how the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Espinoza v. Montana Department of Revenue could help Lutheran schools;
- An article from newsletter editor Rev. Jonathan Lange about the implications of the recent Supreme Court ruling on Bostock v. Clayton County;
- Information from Chaplain (Navy Capt.) Craig Muehler, director of LCMS Ministry to the Armed Forces, about how COVID-19 mandates are restricting the constitutional rights of those serving in the U.S. Navy;
- An article from Lange about how faith and love can heal the poisonous state of public discourse; and
- An excerpt from “The Child as a Gift of God” written by a member (Dr. Gilbert Meilaender) of the 2016 Task Force for the Study of Issues Relating to Procreation, Fertility, and Care for Unborn and commended “to members of the Synod and Synod congregations for reflection, study and discussion” by the 2019 Synod convention (Res. 11-01A).
Information from this newsletter can be reproduced for your congregation’s use.
If you would like to stay informed on issues related to marriage, life, religious freedom or the establishment of the Lutheran Center for Religious Liberty, please send your name and address to email@example.com.
Visit lcms.org/freetobefaithful to learn more about this initiative and the resources it offers.